Sports Premium Funding & Allocation
What is Sports Premium?
The Government has provided funding to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Typical things that you can use your sports funding for according to the gov website are:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
At Waterside Primary School, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. In addition, it is considered that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children. We continue to place a high priority on our PE provision and, as such, have invested in sports coaching and enrichment opportunities. These have been provided by specialist sports coaches/companies who have delivered high quality lessons to the children.
Sports Premium Funding:
PE and sport premium for primary schools.